If you’re planning a visit to the beautiful island of Oahu consider Tripio Car Rentals. One very important detail you’ll want to take care of before your trip is renting a car. I know what you’re thinking – how hard could it be? Just show up at the airport, rent a car and start driving. Well, prepare yourself for some culture shock because it’s not that easy at car rental Waikiki.
Car Rental Waikiki
You can’t just walk into any Hertz like they do on the mainland and expect there to be a car ready and waiting for you. You could arrive at Honolulu International Airport and find out there are no available cars. At car rental Waikiki it’s the same, nothing! If you’re coming to Hawaii, don’t let your car rental be the one thing that goes wrong.
It can be a hassle with the volume of tourists who are visiting Hawaii every year. We understand how hard it can be for families or honeymooners trying to get around town without their own transportation. Fortunately, Tripio.io got has that all figured out for you with their No-Contact check-in. They offer Airport Delivery or if you prefer, they also provide VIP delivery directly to your hotel.
I just wanted to share with you a little story about my recent trip to Hawaii. I had so much fun driving around the island of Oahu in a rental car from Tripio.io. They have such great rates, and they were so helpful when I was making my reservation. If you’re looking for an affordable way to get around the island, be sure to rent from them next time you visit beautiful Waikiki!
The average person may never know it, but they could be spending less time on the beach than they think. The distance to travel 5 miles could often take 30 to 45 minutes and an Uber or Lyft could cost you as much as $40 to $60 dollars. Transportation in Honolulu is expensive but that is where Tripio has you take care of. All over Waikiki, cars are driving the wrong way down the street or often parking illegally to avoid paying street meters.
There are just not enough legal spots for people to park their cars. Although tourists might only be here for a short amount of time, even 30 minutes can feel like forever when you’re stuck in traffic with no end in sight! It doesn’t matter if you’re coming from Oahu Airport or heading to the North Shore, the congestion is everywhere.
Here are some ways to avoid traffic.
- Book your flight around traffic. You’re best to land either early in the morning or late in the evening. Never arrive at lunch or dinner time. Also, once you land give yourself about an hour to get off the plane and get your luggage.
- Book your hotel close to the most important excursions you plan on doing. If you plan on staying in Waikiki for the most part, then plan on booking there. If your plans are more North Shore but still want some cities life, well plan on Honolulu.
- Plan your days around traffic and stay off the main roads. Book all your fun things early in the morning to avoid the mess of traffic.
- If possible, plan your events close to where you are staying, thus making it easier and faster to get to where you want.
- And lastly, summer and winter as the busiest times of the year. Avoid the Hawaii congestion and book after summer. Once school starts back up things clear out a bit leaving a greater opportunity to enjoy the beauty of Hawaii without the masses.
Hawaii is a beautiful paradise with so many things to do! I’m going to share some of my favorite places that I love to visit while exploring this gem. One thing you must not forget when coming here is your bathing suit and sunscreen because there’s plenty of sun and water waiting for you.
The beaches in Hawaii are the perfect place to relax and soak up some sunshine. You can either find a nice, secluded beach or hit one of the popular ones like Waikiki Beach, Kailua Beach Park, or Hapuna Beach–you’ll never be bored! The North Shore is also another great option
Hawaii are some fun things to do;
- Hike the trail to Manoa falls with gorgeous views along the way. Be sure not to miss Manoa falls!
- Visit Waimea Valley State Park where there are botanical gardens, nature trails, and more than 10 miles of hiking trails through rainforest and pastureland. At the end of your hike enjoy relaxing below Waimea falls. This Park has beautiful scenery year-round so be sure not to miss it!
- Enjoy surfing lessons at Waikiki Beach and learn from the pros.
- Snorkeling excursions at Hanauma Bay.
- Kayaking tours.
- Whale watching.
- Take a scenic helicopter tour over the beautiful island chain.
- Try out some delicious Hawaiian food at one of Honolulu’s many restaurants.
- Attend an authentic luau at Paradise Cove and try traditional Polynesian dishes such as poi, kalua pig, and pipikaula.
- Visit Pearl Harbor.
- Swim with dolphins.
- Enjoy an entire day at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie.
These are just a few things you could do while visiting car rental Waikiki Beach in Hawaii – and there’s plenty more.
Please visit us on our website Tripio.io or follow us on any of our social media accounts: